Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Don't cry over SPILLED MAKEUP

Yesterday at the grocery store while standing in the check-out line I spotted a magazine that I hadn't heard of before called "Real Simple- Life Made Easier," and based on the name and cover I decided to buy it (hey, who doesn't want life to be simple?). I have not fully read it yet- but I came across something that caught my eye while flipping through the pages: an article on removing lipstick stains from your purse lining.

Constantly carrying makeup in your handbag has it's up and it's downs: while you can always look good after work meeting some of the girls for martini's at HH, it can also spill and stain the lining in your purse which is a pain and can ruin the insides of the bag. Especially if it is eyeliner or lip liner- ugh the worst! I had to toss a bag (thank goodness it was a cheap clutch!!!) because the top of my eyeliner came off at a party one night and I didn't notice until the morning. I was shocked when I opened the clutch to find the eyeliner tip completely broken off from all the damage it had done to the inside of the bag!

According to the article, here is a great way to remove makeup stains, and while it mostly highlights lipstick/liner, I bet it will work with all makeup stains:
"Grab the liquid detergent! Standard liquid dish detergent can help safely remove lipstick and lip liner stains from most cotton or polyester handbag linings. For all other materials, it's best to take the bag to a dry cleaner.

How to apply it: Dilute a cap full of dish detergent with an equal amount of warm water. Pull the lining as far out of the bag as you can. Then, using a cotton swab, apply the mixture to the stain in a circular motion. Switch swabs often so you don't rub the pigment back into the fabric. Allow the bag to air-dry. Repeat until the stain is removed."
-Real Simple Magazine (page 58), March 2010

If you like to read magazines, pick this one up the next time you are at the store. It's $4.99 and is loaded with beauty, fashion, decorating tips, health and even has easy recipes!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment