So your going out for a night on the town with your girlfriends or on a date. Do you know what you are doing with your eye makeup? If you do, that is great; if you don't, read on for a few easy tips for night time eye makeup!
1. Wear a darker eye shadow than you normally wear for day time. For example, if you normally wear a light gold, wear a darker gold on the lid of your eye and apply the lighter eye shadow to the crease of your eye lid to your brow line. If you buy eye shadow in palettes, they usually come with a lighter and darker shadow that are matched to be blended well together. Finally, apply the lighter shadow to the inner corner of your eye (near tear duct) like Beyonce- check a few blogs down.
2. Apply eyeliner to your upper lash line. I use gel eyeliner- it lasts longer and doesn't smudge like pencil eyeliner can. I use Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($21.00) and you apply it with an eyeliner brush (you can get one anywhere). Start at the outer corner of your eye and draw a small line to the inner corner of your eye. If you want a thicker line, re-trace the line with a little more eye liner.
3. With a black pencil eye liner, line the inner part of your bottom lash line. I know it seems weird, but it looks good.
4. Curl your eyelashes with a eyelash curler. You can find them at Sephora, ULTA or CVS.
4. MASCARA: the most important part of makeup. Apply two to three coats of volumizing mascara (Fresh Supernova, $25 is the BEST!)
Voila! You are now ready for a night on the town!