Monday, March 1, 2010

"The first rule of eye makeup is that you can never wear enough blue eye shadow." -Shelly, My Girl

Unless you want to look like Mimi(Drew Carey Show) or the "ladies" at the local Drag Club in your town- you certainly CAN wear too much blue eye shadow. Exhibit A below:



I was watching "My Girl" the other day on TV and I chuckled when I heard this. Yes, while the movie is set in the 1970s, I still have seen women at this day and age wearing piled on bright blue eyeshadow. Now, you may be looking at my picture of Sephora on the right side if the page. Yes, the model is wearing a ton of blue eyeshadow, but it is for art/advertisement/runway purposes and it looks good for this.

Ladies, save yourself the humiliation and stay away from crazy colored eye shadows- unless it's for a Halloween costume. When I say "crazy colored" eye shadows, I mean if it's a color of the rainbow and it's REALLY bright, leave it at the store.

If you want a "crazy colored" eye shadow, opt for it in a deep color- instead of wearing bright violet eye shadow, buy a shimmery deep purple- it can be very flattering on green or brown eyes. If you want a blue, buy a shimmery blue and put it on ONLY the lid of your eye. Anything more can be overkill and you WILL look like Mimi.

If you want a colored eye shadow:
Urban Decay Deluxe Eye Shadow ($18) has some awesome colors and most of then have shimmer in them. You cannot go wrong with these colors, just don't over-do it and apply the shadow up to your eye brows! Find them at Sephora.

MAC Eye Pigment Eye Shadows ($19.50). I have blogged about this before- the colors are great and the eye shadow lasts forever! Buy at Nordstrom, Bloomie's or MAC Stores.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to disagree on this one DanDan being a drag queen in my past life I am a fan of crazy colored eye shadow ;)
    Embrace!

    ReplyDelete