Sunday, March 21, 2010

Avoid getting rubbed the wrong way....

Sorry for it being a week since the last beauty blog, but I had the flu all week and had no business trying to give any kind of beauty advice while still looking like a hot sick mess.

If you are in the DC area, you witnessed the most gorgeous weekend with temps in the middle 70's and a great breeze! Ah so nice! Spring is around the corner, which means skirts, sun dresses, bathing suits.....which all can result in "red legs," aka when your inner thighs rub together when walking or running. Ouch.

There are a few things you can do to avoid this- as it can be very painful if it's super hot outside and you are sweating and walking or wearing a wet bathing suit- that's the worst. I remember when I was studying abroad in Italy, it was so hot and I walked so much while I was there, I seriously thought my "red legs" were going to bleed!

My favorite trick is to rub solid deodorant on one or both of your legs where they rub before getting dressed. Any solid white powder deodorant will work. The gel deodorants do NOT work.

Body Glide is good also- I haven't used it but I have had friends who use it and say it works well. You can find it at www.rei.com for $6. Other products you can use are petroleum jelly or baby powder- but the baby powder can sometimes make a mess.

If you have really bad "red legs"- wear pants and put some Neosporin on it to help it go away.

Happy Walking/Running!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment