Thursday, January 14, 2010

"If you have it, you may as well wear it." -Heidi Klum

Last night Heidi Klum was a guest on The Jay Leno Show. Jay Leno was teasing her about the diamond rings she was wearing (they were huge and gorgeous) and asked her about her wedding band- which he said was, "buried under the diamond," from her engagement ring. Heidi Klum responded with, "Well if you have it, you may as well wear it." Believe it or not, my Grandmother has told me the same thing and I have told my friends this too.

A friend of mine was once telling me about how she feels bad about wearing her expensive jewelry in front of others because she does not want to look as if she is showing off. PSH. If you have a brilliant piece of jewelry, a stunning pair of shoes, or an impressive handbag- WEAR IT. What good is it doing you collecting dust in your closet or jewelry drawer? Using the excuse, "I'm afraid I'll lose it," or, "I don't want it to get dirty," is not good enough either. What is the point of having it if you don't wear it? Even if it is a gift or was passed down by a relative (how I own most of my stunning pieces), do not be afraid of looking too flashy- it's YOURS. Be proud of what you have and keep your head high. Plus, if you think it's stunning, others will too ;)

Moral of the story: Take Heidi's advice. She is just too marvelous to ignore.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment