Saturday, January 23, 2010

“I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray EYEBROWS.” -Janette Barber

Sorry, beauties! I've been sick with a horrible cold/fever and am just now feeling normal enough to blog!

Eyebrows. Another thing that all of us hate. I swear, it's painful to be a woman! Let's face it: we gotta keep them shaped up. You can pluck- but you can only do it one hair at a time, so doing something like waxing or threading is much more useful of your time. Plus, it looks a lot cleaner than when you pluck. It's best to save the plucking for shape-up's in between waxing/threading.

Personally I prefer threading. It's painful, but your brows look great and you do not risk the hot wax ripping your skin. The last time I got my brows waxed (literally, the LAST time, I'll never do it again) I came home and had to ice my brows for a few hours and they were sore until the next day. The wax was way too hot and burned my skin. The skin around your eyes is delicate, so sticking to threading is a little better since it will not hurt your skin. Yes, they will be a little red, but once it's done you don't feel a thing.

I go threading every two months and in between I pluck the stray hairs. I pluck after I get out of the shower because yours pores are open and the hair doesn't hurt as badly to pluck! This is also when I pluck the random chin hair that grows like an inch before I ever see it- ugh SO embarassing!

Threading: Since it is getting very popular most malls have Threading kiosks and only charge around $10. If you want more privacy (threading at the mall brings unwanted onlookers) you can find a salon that offers it.

Waxing: Stay away from the small nail salons that offer waxing- that's where all the horror stories about waxing come from. Get them done where you get your hair cut/colored. The wax they use is most likely a better quality and some offer a sensitive skin wax in case you break out around your brows after. Getting them done professionally is a bit more expensive ($15-20), but your brows will be safe!

Does the wax/thread lady always asks you to do your "upper lip?" Yea, me too, but I always have too much pride to walk out of a salon or be in the mall with a red upper lip. I use a mini-razor to fix it at home. It's called a "Finishing Touch" and you can buy it at Bed Bath & Beyond or the As Seen on TV store. Trush me, it works!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment