Friday, January 15, 2010

"I just want your extra time and your KISS" -Prince

So it's winter. This means two things: 1. It's freezing outside (unless you are lucky enough to live somewhere exotic)and 2. Your lips stay chapped constantly. It's pretty much un-avoidable, however there are a few things you can do to fight off winter's threat to your lips!

After you brush your teeth and clean off the paste on the toothbrush, wet it with warm water and rub it gently on your lips. This helps to take off any dead skin that's peeling if they are really dry and also helps avoid getting the "white gunk"- as I call it where your lips crease.

Apply a lip balm or ointment at night before you go to bed. It will help to condition your lips and it's good to put it on at night because some of them leave a weird color on your lips and don't look good under lip gloss. Plus, it will stay on longer since you will not be drinking, eating or talking.

Last, try to buy chap stick with SPF. The sun takes the moisture out of your lips, which will make them chapped.

My fav's:
Blistex DCT- Daily Conditioning Treatment. I have been using this since middle school! You can find it in any drugstore or supermarket and the tube lasts fairly long.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E, Swivel Stick. It does not have SPF, but it makes your lips feel great. I have one in my car, purse, jackets, make-up bag- you get the point. I love it. You can find it in drugstores in the lotion section near the cocoa butter.

ChapStick Moisturizer- the blue one. You can usually find this in a pack of 3- I buy them at Target in the check-out aisles for around $3.00 and keep them in my desk at work.


XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I love reading this blog! Here's something I found works if youre broke : A mixture of honey and oatmeal to rub on your lips will help exfoliate them and moisturize too! Honey is the BEST lip balm and it makes for sweet kisses too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete