So you are at work and you get invited to a last minute Happy Hour. You slightly panic, because you have no time to go home and you NEED to do a refresh of the makeup you applied 8+ hours ago.
It has happened to me before, and me being so vain, I have actually turned down invites to HH simply because I didn't have time to go home to fix my "work" face. I know, pathetic...but hey, when makeup is your obsession, your plans revolve around it.
The key to this problem is to carry a small cosmetic case in your purse so you are ready for anything at anytime. You don't need a lot- in fact you can either move your lotions to smaller containers or buy your products travel-sized.
Here are the key items I carry in my purse:
1. Hand lotion- this can be used not only for moisturizing your hands, but for your legs or arms if you forgot to lotion up in the morning and found a dry patch OR if in a bind, you can put on your face to sooth dry skin. It can also be used on your hair to tame fly aways. Rub a small dot between your hands and apply. You do NOT need a lot if putting into your hair. Too much will look greasy.
2. Lip Balm- this is good to keep your lips moisturized throughout the day- espically after you eat. No one wants to go out w/chapped dry lips...and they don't look good either!
3. Eye Liner- to reapply or fix any smudges you may have gotten throughout the day. The clean line will make your eyes look fresh.
4. Mascara- I carry the travel-sized Fresh Supernova (buy at Sephora for $10 for two) to reapply a coat before going out. After the eye liner fix, you'll need to fix mascara too.
5. Lip liner*- to add color to your lips. You can add shine over it with the lip balm.
6. Blush*- to bring out some color on your face.
7. Matte Powder- to take away any shine that has appeared throughout the day.
8. Perfume- carry a travel-sized bottle and spray a little to refresh the scent you applied that morning.
*You can buy an all-in-one color stick to save space and not carry as many products to use on your eyes, cheeks and lips. Nars The Multiple in Orgasm is great. Find at Sephora for $38.