Friday, April 22, 2011

"Are you kidding me? I use my oven for storage." -Carrie, Sex and the City

Today, in honor of Easter, I am giving you ladies the cutest recipe there is: Baby Chick Cupcakes! I know what my friends are already thinking, "What? You HATE to cook. Don't you use your kitchen for storage?" Well, yes...and no. Yes, I used to hate cooking and no, I never used my kitchen to store things...but the thought has crossed my mind. I don't know what has come over me but in the past few months I have actually started to enjoy baking. Maybe it's because I enjoy licking the bowl clean of left over mix before I put it in the sink (Don't judge me). And I must say...my skills have come a long way since Christmas when I burnt my finger, started a fire, AND shattered a glass all in the span of about 10 minutes trying to make Holiday treats (again, don't judge me).

My skills have come so far in fact, that I was able to make these Baby Chick Cupcakes last night without any issues:


I know, they are totally adorable. And once I uploaded the pic to Facebook and got a lot of comments/likes on it, I decided to share the recipe.

Ingredients:
- 1 box cake mix and what the back of the box calls for (eggs, water, vegetable oil, etc)
- 1 Container creamy vanilla frosting
- Shredded coconut
- Yellow liquid food color
- Brown M&M's or baking chips(the eyes)
- Orange gumdrops (the beaks)


Directions:
1. Bake cupcakes per box directions.

2. While cupcakes are in the oven, place the shredded coconut in a ziploc bag, add a few drops of the yellow food color, seal bag and shake to mix the coconut and food color until the coconut is yellow. Cut the orange gumdrops in the shape of a triangle to look like a beak.

3. Once cupcakes are done, let cool and apply vanilla frosting. Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the frosting, add two M&M's or baking chips as the eyes and one of the cut gumdrops as the beak.

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment